POSTING NUMBER: GPD-(we will assign)
POSTING DATE: November 2, 2016
CLOSING DATE: November 20, 2016
The Programme Administration Officer will be an integral part of all the programmatic pillars (training, research, and advocacy) and will work with senior leadership and all staff to achieve quality outputs and ensure outcomes of two key programs. Under the direction of the Executive Director and Director of Training, this position will be responsible for the overall administration of two key programs; VTECS and Building Connections: Police-Youth-Community Partnerships for Extreme Violence Prevention. The Programme Administration Officer will be responsible for facilitating workshops with youth, community members and police officers, planning a large scale conference and being the key contact person between police and community partners in Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto and Halifax. For both program, this position is responsible for preparing all program materials including agendas, PowerPoints, joining instructions, letters, briefs, activity reports, work plans, and all internal and external coordination correspondence.
- Supports senior leadership with the effective coordination and delivery of 2 key Dallaire Initiative programs – milestones, deliverables, and activities
- Supports senior leadership on tasks related to training, research, and advocacy deliverables for the Dallaire Initiative within the scope of the programs
- Provides high level coordination for project implementation and acts as the centralized project leader for internal activities and external relations
- Manages the day to day project activities and executes project actions
- Provides substantive information and guidance and ongoing support and advice through planned and regular updates, progress reports, and final reports that contribute to a deeper understating of project frameworks
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Adult Education and or other related fields preferred, or comparable work experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in program management in the focus area of human rights or protection of civilians, education and/or peace and security required, or security sector or military background
- Broad knowledge of relevant international contexts and current research themes
- Project management skills including report writing and budget development and management.
Status: Full time (5 days) nights and weekends for events and deadlines 10% domestic travel
Pay Scale: $60,000
Start Date: January 15th, 2017
Deadline for application: November 20th, 2016
Interested parties should forward a cover letter, current CV and contact information of 2-3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.